An object-oriented design text that's student oriented too!
Now updated to reflect the innovations of Java 5.0, Cay Horstmann's Object-Oriented Design & Patterns, 2nd Edition continues to offer a student-oriented guide to object-oriented design.
Drawing from his extensive experience as a programmer and teacher, Horstmann helps you appreciate the value of object-oriented design principles, and gives you a context for applying these principles and techniques in your own designs. Throughout the text, outstanding pedagogy, carefully developed exercises and examples, and a strong emphasis on problem solving make object-oriented design principles accessible to readers with limited programming experience.
Cay Horstmann's Object-Oriented Design & Patterns, 2nd Edition:
* Integrates the use of Java 5.0 constructs throughout, including generics and the java.util.concurrent library.
* Presents high-interest examples, including ones from the Java 5.0 library and user-interface programming.
* Uses concepts such as interfaces, inner classes, reflection, and multithreading to introduce advanced Java language concepts.
* Encourages you to master topics in object-oriented design, user-interface programming, and practical software development techniques.
* Illustrates design patterns and their application using the Swing user interface toolkit and the Java collections library.
* Introduces programming tools such as BlueJ, javadoc, and JUnit.
* Provides a crash course in Java for readers who know C++.